Healthy living, saving money, natural cures, and God things etc

Friday, December 27, 2013

A Time to Give......





 Christmas is my favorite time of the year, not just because we celebrate Jesus birth, but its time with family and giving! Sometimes we get caught up on traditions and  customs and not realize whats going on in the outside world.


  As I said in my previous blog, God showed me things while I was in the hospital. One of the things is about being blessed that I got out of the hospital in 9 days, but there are children that basically live in the hospital.The children don't get to go over families house's for Thanksgiving or don't get to go out and see the Christmas lights and all the decorations during Christmas . So as I was praying and crying, I asked God what He wanted me to do. Well..... when I went home from the hospital and I rested so I could enjoy Christmas, I got things to make the kids Christmas cards. I wanted to take them to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital and deliver them.

  When I was a baby I stayed in Vanderbilt for 3 months and I was taken care of by many sweet nurses and doctors. I've always wanted to give back but just really never had the time. Ok... that's my point, we think we are too busy  for other people. I know that's one of the reasons I had to Be Still and sit in the hospital bed. We do things for people all the time, but I get so focused on my traditions that I don't think of other things. God will do what ever He has to do to get our attention.  So I made Christmas cards for the children, and one of my very best friends , she is my sister in Christ , offered to go with me to deliver them. I got excited and couldn't wait to go in to TN and deliver them. We set the date, for a girl day and take the cards to the children Monday 23rd . I wasn't thinking about the hospital procedures and everything you have to go through  to see the children, which is a great thing but I just couldn't hand deliver them. I got to talk to the volunteer  resource lady, and she asked me the story behind the cards, and me. So I told her and she cried and hugged me, she then gave me and Jess a list of the most needed things and I can ship things to them and they will take it to the children and their family. God is so amazing!!! We left that day feeling so fulfilled and over joyed!!!
  
   I'm not writing this to boast , I'm writing this to share what God is doing in my life and what He is telling me to do, This is all Him , and I'm truly blessed that He is using me and teaching me things through this. As you go through your daily routine , stop and ask God what He wants your to do for other people, or if there is something you are going through ask Him what He wants you to learn from it and what you can do for Him. Its amazing when we just sit and be quiet and listen to our sweet father. 


"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness." Galatians 5:22


2 comments:

  1. Ryan, Why don't you post here the things that the children need. Maybe some of your readers like me :-) might be able to help with some of the things needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet RyRy... I just asked God these very things after we laid your body to rest today. The ache in my heart is so deep... I don't what to do except seek to serve God at every possible opportunity, just as you did. I miss you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete